Cooking For Leslie

Welcome. My name is Stu and this is my blog. This blog is my attempt to document my foray into semi-serious cooking, which I dedicate to my lovely wife Leslie (who is a spicy dish all on her own). My hope is that readers who are novices in the kitchen will be encouraged to take risks and to feel braver in their cooking. If you'd like to email me privately (instead of posting to the comments section) my address is stumark@earthlink.net

Name:
Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States

“Every man's memory is his private literature.” -- Aldous Huxley

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Blackened Salmon

I bought some fresh salmon from the Ralph's (who have pretty good fish).

Took out a plate and laid on the blackening spices, including paprika, salt, cayenne, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano. Covered the plate thick with spices. Then I heated up my 12-inch fry pan. When it was nice and hot, I took the salmon, pressed both sides into the spices to get them nice and coated, then I placed them in the pan. Next I drizzled olive oil on the top and sides of the fish. After 1 1/2 minutes I flipped the salmon. 2 minutes later I transfered them to a baking pan covered with nonstick foil. Placed the salmon in a 400 degree oven and baked for 10 minutes (but these were thick steaks, so if yours are thinner, cook for 7 minutes and then test for doneness).

Serve them on a plate and lightly cover with parsley.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Stu
I seem to have found Blackened Salmon while searching for things on microwave cooking. I can see why, although I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. Just thought I'd say hello :0)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

I don't know if you'll check back here, but thanks for the comment! :-) If you want help with your microwave cooking, let me know, I'm happy to give uneducated advice. ;-)

cheers,

Stu

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to add some photos of your prepared dishes. Would love to see the outcome

1:24 PM  
Blogger Biscuit said...

Yum! We eat lots of Salmon here. And Tuna. Your wife is very lucky. I know because my husband is the fish chef around here, and it ROCKS!

8:14 AM  
Blogger KFarmer said...

Hey Stu- I have been reading your comments on MM's place and decided to pop over for a visit. Nice site you have here. I really enjoyed your recipes and copied quite a few. I hope you don't mind. I can't wait to try out the cucumber yogurt dressing- sounds wonderful. I bet it would be good on crab cakes or just as a refreshing summer dip. I guess I will find out this week-end :)

K

8:03 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

I totally don't mind! Recipes are to be shared. Food is Love (I am *such* a hippie)... As for the dressing, it is very flexible. The key is Dill, which I add to a lot of foods. It dresses things with more tenderness than parsley. Also, I need to update this blog more.

9:23 AM  
Blogger CP said...

That sounds completely delish.

I wanted to stop by and say thank you for the good wishes you left on my blog for my son. Very sweet of you...

I would also love to see a photo of your finished salmon...so I have a remote clue of what it should look like!

CP.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, delicious... thanks!! yes, photos would rock!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great recipe; quick and easy. Made for a vday dinner and my gf loved it!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home