Cooking For Leslie

Welcome. My name is Stu and this is my blog. This blog is my attempt to document my foray into semi-serious cooking, which I dedicate to my lovely wife Leslie (who is a spicy dish all on her own). My hope is that readers who are novices in the kitchen will be encouraged to take risks and to feel braver in their cooking. If you'd like to email me privately (instead of posting to the comments section) my address is stumark@earthlink.net

Name:
Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States

“Every man's memory is his private literature.” -- Aldous Huxley

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Liver And Onions

A simple, simple dish that is one of Leslie's favorites.

1-2 pounds sliced beef liver
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 large yellow onion
1 stick butter (or margarine if you keep kosher)

Get a ziplock bag and fill it with the flour. Add the salt and pepper and shake it. Put in one piece of liver and seal the bag. Mash the liver and flour a bit to thoroughly coat the liver. Set aside.

Slice the onion, then break up the slices. Heat a big pan and, after a few minutes, add pats of butter. Then add the onion and saute it for a minute or two, until they are soft, but not brown. Remove. Add a little more butter and place the floured liver into the pan. Fry on one side for three minutes. Flip. Add the onion back in the same pan. Cook for two more minutes. Add butter as you see fit (no such thing as too much butter). After two minutes, take it out of the pan and it's ready to serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home